Bad Moon Rising :: View topic - Hide of the Wild or...

FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Register Log in  

Hide of the Wild or...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tiuh
Friend of Bad Moon Rising

Items

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 5:28 pm    Post subject: Hide of the Wild or... Reply with quote

Hide of the wild http://www.thottbot.com/?i=36157 or Gracious cape http://www.thottbot.com/?i=37408?

I'm trying to decide which one would aid me more. I've got about 42Mp5 currently and about +127 healing/damage. I know in PvP the hide would be king, but in group I'm not really sure I need the much +healing. Thoughts?
Brecken
Not so Grand High Poobah
Site Admin

Items

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there, I hope you don't mind if I put my opinion out there but this is a topic I had a lot of discussion about.

I'm going to start out by offering the always given but never wanted "play to your style" response. Mp/5 vs. +healing is almost always an indiciual player choice. One gives you time to spam heals whenever you need them. The other gives you more bang for the buck, but requires you to be more cautious about how you go about tossing around those heals. Your call on play style.

Now that I've given the standard response, you need to look at the numbers. Go add up your current obtainable wishlist in terms of maxing out on +healing and then for Mp/5. I'll bet Magni's beard that the +42 to healing is a higher percentage of the total than the 6 mana/5. That to me says hid of the wild is better.

Next take those lovely base stats. You mention that hide of the wild would be an obvious choice for PvP. I assume because of the added stamina? If so you can apply that same stamina to PvE for all those cleaves, AOEs, and multishots.

Final thought: HIde of the WIld would serve me best, but I make a real effort to get time out of the 5 second rule. If your sporting that much Mp/5 that may be your strength. If that is the case, take the cape.
Tiuh
Friend of Bad Moon Rising

Items

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Currently I sport about 60+ mp5, and the +healing is actually why I like it for pvp =) I use earthshield and Nature's Guardian, and both are affected by +healing. So it makes me that much more unkillable.

I sorta hit middle of the road on big heals vs. spam heals. So I'ma keep both capes I think and switch to fit the situation.

Thankyou for your input!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bad Moon Rising Forum Index -> Healers' Hall All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: