Bad Moon Rising :: View topic - Mask of Introspection

FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Register Log in  

Mask of Introspection

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Saphiel
Friend of Bad Moon Rising

Items

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 5:04 pm    Post subject: Mask of Introspection Reply with quote

Our very first piece of ZA loot was this lovely (stats-wise, anyway... it's butt-ugly) pally healing helm. Though I'm not sure it's so lovely.

I'm currently wearing the T4 Justicar Diadem. If I were to replace the Diadem with the Mask (both fully gemmed), I'd get the following stat changes:
+1 Stamina
-2 Intellect
+3 Spell Crit
+45 Healing
+2 mp/5

All in all pretty nice. However, the one thing that isn't factored in is that is the bonus from the metagem, Insightful Earthstorm Diamond. After a little WoWHead research and some WWS browsing, this metagem seems to be worth anywhere from 15-25 mp/5 for me. I'm just not convinced that +45 healing and a few other minor bumps is worth losing all that mana regen - healing throughput is definitely not a problem for me (to be fair, neither is mana regen, but still).

What do other healy-types think?
Stufu
Unknown

Items

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ex-healy opinion: Wear what looks better. Twisted Evil
Sethira
Pack Mate

Items

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its really a question of more bang for the buck I think. If you have no problems with going OOM I think you answered your own question. Sounds like you can sacrifice the MP5 for some more bang.

When gearing Brecken, the first thing I did was go straight for +healing and then let the rest of the stats fall into place. Now that we've got a new loot table available, I plan to do the same thing.

Vutak
Pack Mate

Items

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're feeling ambitious, you can always keep both and earmark a "long fight" set with more mp5 and general mana regen at the expense of +heal for monstrously long fights (like Nightbane, for instance). Otherwise, though, paladins tend to have fairly good staying power, and if you can manage to blow your +heal through the roof, it'll just make your FoLs and downranked HLs that much more potent.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bad Moon Rising Forum Index -> Healers' Hall All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: