Bad Moon Rising :: View topic - Mojobone an' de Thunder Spirit, Part Two

FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Register Log in  

Mojobone an' de Thunder Spirit, Part Two

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bad Moon Rising Forum Index -> Our Future History
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mojobone
Pack Mate

Items

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:46 am    Post subject: Mojobone an' de Thunder Spirit, Part Two Reply with quote

The spirit’s voice rumbled like the innards of a storm. “MOJOBONE!”

Mojo stared, uncomprehending.

“MOJOBONE!”

He picked his nose. There was something jingly and metallic in there. Closer inspection revealed it to be an Alliance-themed charm bracelet. “How dat be gettin’ in dere?”

Again the voice boomed out, a booming fore-echo of catastrophe. “MOJOBONE!”

Mojo was busy making the charms on the bracelet clink against one another. “Sure t’ing, elf-lady, I be delightin’ in havin’ dis dance wid you. But I only bein’ a poor gnome warrior-mon—”

MOJOBONE!” A pause. A long, hissing sigh. “That’s, that’s, erm, that’s you.” And the thunder spirit lashed forth a tiny crackle of blue lightning, stinging Mojobone’s ear to drive the point home.

Mojo dropped the charm bracelet and turned, sudden palm-wine sweetness in his raspy voice. “Well hey mon, why didn’t you be sayin’ dat de firs’ place? How you doin’?”

The spirit gathered its dignity to itself in great dark folds of stormcloud. “I am as well as any of my kind, shaman. But I have been sent with a message to deliver.”

“Sure t’ing, mon! You be givin’ me de message, I an’ I be passin’ it on. Who it be for?”

Another long sigh, this one sounding of late spring rainfall. “You, shaman. The message is for you.”

Mojo sighed in turn. “Mon, you be takin’ forevah t’ get to de point. What be dis message?”

And then the spirit showed him.

Cold. Marrow-splitting, skin-parching cold. A place of ice so vast and remorseless it seemed to be loneliness and desolation incarnate, preserved forever beneath vast glacial reaches that spanned forever.

Far, far away across the howling funnels of snow, a sound. Tectonic, like the agony of lake ice thawing and refreezing, thawing and refreezing, lying in forlorn wait for the spring that would never come to greet this land.

A great claw, thrust up from the ice. Some sort of citadel? It burned with balefire menace, blue against the white and black of that awful Fimbulwinter night.

And deep within that awful fortress, the innumerable armies of dead stood ready to march.

Their eyes opened and saw him, seeing them.

Mojo shivered and wailed, a more piteous cry by far than when the spirits were on him. He lay prostrate as a beaten peon.

“No way! No way ’tall, mon. Ol’ Mojo not be goin’ dere! I an’ I no want a tomb o’ ice.” And then softer: “Besides, it be chappin’ my toes somet’in’ fierce.”

“It is there that you must go, shaman. The spirits have willed this thing.”

Mojo slumped. “An’ if I an’ I don’t be goin’? De hornets in I an’ I head be stingin’ all de time ’til I go, dat right?”

The thunder spirit said nothing.

“Den it be ice an’ snow for poor Mojo, I an’ I guess.” He got to his feet. “Lead on, T’undah-mon.”

“You are not to go, just yet,” said the spirit.

“Eh? Why not? Best be gettin’ it ovah wid.”

The spirit waited, and the silence of the forest grew so profound that all Mojobone could hear was a faint noise like heat lightning on the distant horizon.

“Because I have worse things yet to show you.”

To be continued….
Keryn
Pack Alpha
Site Admin

Items

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

((Have I mentioned how much I enjoy the Mojobone stories? He always makes me laugh!

So glad you're writing them again!
Jutaka
Pack Mate

Items

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

((I love Mojobone! His parables are actually one of the reasons I choose BMR back when I was first looking for a guild to join.))

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bad Moon Rising Forum Index -> Our Future History All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: