Bad Moon Rising :: View topic - Druid help!

FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Register Log in  

Druid help!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Telarion
Raid Partner

Items

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 4:34 am    Post subject: Druid help! Reply with quote

I've been working on my druid, and her DPS is pretty pathetic. I'm not sure about DPS rotations and I can't seem to find anything on the net anywhere that's less than a year old. I know kitties can put out some really wicked damage when they get the gear (which I don't have yet), but I don't really know what I'm doing and feel like I may as well just be rolling my face on the keyboard when I'm DPSing on her.
We have some epic kitty DPS in here and I'm hoping you kitty-moos can give me some pointers. What rotations do you use? What spec?
Same question for the boomkins, since eventually I plan to spec her balance/feral.
Oh yeah...and inevitably I end up tanking on her (which makes me really miss tanking on Tel >.<). Back on my old server in BC our MT was a bear, but I know bear tanking has changed a ton since then. What does bear tank gear look like these days?
Tripe
Unknown

Items

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd start with the MMO Champion druid forums

http://www.mmo-champion.com/class-druid/feral-druids-the-cat-guide-3-2!-edition/

And once your familiar w/ the Kitty terms, check out EJ.
Merell
Council Member
Site Admin

Items

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love and honor the Bad Kitty addon

all those CDs and dots we have... yeah it monitors them in such a way that allows us to keep accurate track of them.

Rotation....

I'll have to look Mer's up - I'm horrid with names.....

Agility agility, hit, crit, expertiese.. though I think the order and caps have changed yet again /sigh...

but the addon - love it.
Pack Mate

Items

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you tried the official druid forums? I know they often have lots of good stickies with guides and links to helpful places. The druid forums tend to be one of the more useful ones on the official site, as I recall.
Raid Partner

Items

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem with the forums I've found is there were like 50 different people saying "No this!" and it's hard to wade through it all and glean what is and isn't the way to go.
I know there's sites out there by people, blogs and whatnot, like the one I use for my roguings.
I'll check the forums suggested and see what I can pick up.
And yeah, I dunno what some of the kitty terminology means. Like "TF" I saw mentioned on a forum while hunting. I couldn't figure out what that referred to. >.<
Merell
Council Member
Site Admin

Items

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's getting time for me to do my update again BUT I think for the most part the information is still accurate and is what Mer is based off of

http://ascratchingpost.livejournal.com/

/hangs head in kitteh shame for not keeping it updated
Pack Mate

Items

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the forums, look specifically at the sticky threads. There are at least two, on first glance, that are specifically related to Cat DPS. Read through the stickies and see if they make sense. They will often reference other sites you can look at for more math or more definitive explanations. Look through the comments and see where people are suggesting that changes need to be made and see why.

Generally, if a thread gets stickied, it's because a bunch of people have reported it for being a good resource. Check the signatures of the people that seem to have the most informative comments to see if they have blog or website links in their sigs. Check their armouries for spec, gear and glyph choices.

If there's a blogger you like for one class, see if they recommend blogs for other classes. I know I enjoy Tank Like a Girl for my warrior tanking and I often find good information for other classes by browsing her blogroll.

I don't know a lot about Cat DPS, so I can't help you with specifics. I'm just trying to help you find out how to narrow down your questions into specific things that people here might be able to answer. And I think TF is probably Tiger's Fury, but I can't, for the life of me, remember what it does.
Council Member
Site Admin

Items

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even the stickies in the Druid forums take days to dissect... and a lot of people do disagree / agree and continue to fight about the content of the sticky for the hell of it I guess - so yeah they're confusing too... just takes a while.
Pack Alpha
Site Admin

Items

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

is Big Bear Butt still blogging? He used to be a pretty good beartank resource, yes?
Nguni
Pack Mate

Items

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big Bear Butt is still blogging.

The official forums are generally the first place I go for class-specific help, because I can often find other resources, even if I can't find what I'm specifically looking for. Following that, I'll check some of my favourite bloggers to see if they recommend other sites. And following that, I'll sometimes just do a google search to see if anything comes up. I won't really get into Elitist Jerks unless I'm looking for very specific end-game help, because if you think the official forums are hard to digest, then stay away from EJ.

But the official forums are where I got started for all of my classes that I currently have at level 80. I used threads and guides on the different class sites for leveling information and endgame instancing and raiding. I found them helpful, and often, very straightforward.

EDIT:

From a very brief glance, this sticky from the Druid forum seems to be quite straightforward and was updated less than a week ago. It is laid out in a very easy to digest question and answer format. From a one minute glance, I already learned some things about Cat DPS that I didn't know previously and found a bunch of additional links to check out for even more information.
Council Member
Site Admin

Items

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Re-opening this thread.

I've reviewed Icy Veins and I use Bad Kitty which helps me keep all my dots up. I've been practicing and seems that everything was going GREAT.

My Fairie Fire would be up
My Rake
My Thrash
My Tigers F, alternate with Berserk
Mangle if nothing else is avail

In between all of it I'd keep Rip and Savage Roar up as finishing moves on a 5 point accumulation.

Great?!? Right?!?! WRONG...

A) silver mode on proving grounds is proving to be a brick wall no matter what I try isn't getting finished.

B) LFR... oh yes I know the emotionally abusive, whiny jackasses that congregate there but today I was threatened to be kicked off because my dps sucked.

Which frankly hasn't happened in a long time when dealing with LFG or LFR.

So obviously what I think is my grasp on my rotation is not accurate, or something because even if we remove time in transit from adds / bosses / avoiding things on the floor I'm still abysmally LOW compared to everyone else.

So I took some pictures of recount - because to be honest, it looks like greek numerical gibberish to me.

Perhaps someone with a better grasp of thing thing will have a better idea.

Sorry for big picts

Pack Mate

Items

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know what your overall dps is. You did not show that chart, but what I have been experiencing on my priest is interesting. went from 30k dps to 70k+ avg. in boss fights.. It's all gear driven because my rotation is pretty simple...

The best thing i did was us Mr Robot and pay for it.. I think it's $2 a month.. I could get by not doing that, but I just don't have time to read everything at the moment and enter it into a spreadsheet etc..

Mr Robot can see what's in my bags vs my gear and tell me what is optimum. Then it can tell me Gems, Enchants, and reforges.. it will automatically do them...

They follow the stat priority for your build... This is the 1st thing that has to be done.... If your Hit, Agi, Mastery, etc are not optimized according to stat priority it can really effect DPS in a big way. Hit if it's not capped is a big no no. You miss one hit and it will throw your off a ton.

Once that's maxed out.. then I go to rotation. Get an addon to show your lag on DOTS, Casts, or attakcs. Casting right at the lag point can increase your dps by 20%.. Don't wait for your talent to go to the end of the cast bar or attack bar.

Make sure your glyphs are right for your spec..

I don't know the Druid class, but it's the little things that really hurt dps.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bad Moon Rising Forum Index -> The Armory All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: