Bad Moon Rising :: View topic - Darkness Revealed

FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Register Log in  

Darkness Revealed

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bad Moon Rising Forum Index -> Our Future History
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Umbrio
Pack Mate

Items

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 7:19 pm    Post subject: Darkness Revealed Reply with quote

"That is all we can do for now, General Umbrio," Warmaster Zog replied.

"Let's just hope these raids are more successful than the last one. We need that oil now," I said.

"Indeed sir. Preliminary reports say that it should be a resounding success."

I snort. "I have heard that before. Just see to it and let me know when Kaz and Gibb have returned."

"As you command General," Zog says and I turn to walk away from the Command Table.

Things were finally beginning to go smoothly until Vol'Jin informed me of the need of a fleet as well as an army. Overseeing this operation was making me long for the days of just being a soldier fighting against Garrosh and his army. Garrosh...still hard to believe he is gone and my blade wasn't the one to relieve his head from his body. As I stepped outside of the Town Hall, the Pandaren guards saluted me. Sergeant Grimjaw then came close.

"Stranger down by the bonfire waiting for you General," he whispered.

"And you let them through the gate?" I inquired.

"They are flying your clans banner sir.."

"I suppose I should go meet with them then."

Grimjaw nodded and went back to his post. I looked down and saw the one he was speaking of. A shaman from the look of him. The real question was, why was he here?

"You came for me. Now you have me," I say to the stranger as I approach.

"You have amassed quite a following here," the orc said as he continued to stare into the fire.

"As is well known in my guild, but I am sure that is not why you are here."

"It is not, " he started. "Ghyrn has told me of your prowess since coming through to Draenor, as well as your other issues."

"Other issues? What lies has that one been telling you old one?"

The stranger closes his eyes and chuckles. "Old one...I suppose I do fit that part now.'

"What is your name stranger so as not to insult your decrepitness again?"

"I go by Deathfury now, but once I was know by another name. That one will serve me for now though."

"Deathfury? What a stupid name."

"And what do you know of yours?"

"I only go by the one the Lich King gave me. I don't remember much of..before."

"From what I hear all you could remember is a hazy, bloody memory courtesy of Garrosh."

I spat to the side at the mention of the name.

"That rage in your eyes reminds me a lot of Senaja," Deathfury said almost longingly.

Senaja... Senaja... Why was that name so familiar?

"Should I know that name?"

"It was the name of your mother. May the elements watch over her." A sadness washed over Deathfury's face as he seemed to relive the moment of her passing.

And then it clicked into place. Senaja Wolfaxe. My mother. I could see her so clearly. Hear her voice, he laugh as she ran after my father to another battle. Then my father would look back and he...

"You," I started. "You..are my father!" Could it be him? Certainly he was older, his black hair now specked with white. But it couldn't be. I was told that he died on the same day as my mother. "But how?"

"It was your mothers wish that I walk away from the war against the alliance. I laid down my axe and wandered. I wandered for to long though..."

"Raken Wolfaxe... Hard to believe you are still alive."

"I have not heard that name spoken in a very long time. Probably never will again," he sighed. "But that is all in the past. I just..I had to see you with my own eyes. At least one more time.

I closed my eyes and pushed back at the memories that flooded my brain lest they overwhelm me. After a moment I was successful but only with tremendous effort.

"I'm sorry to come here like this. It was not my intention to bring back all of those memories. I just wanted to see my son."

"Well you have seen me, and given me much to think upon. Now if you don't mind, I must be off."

"Of course," he said as he got up from the bench. "If you have need of me, just ask Ghyrn. She will know where to find me."

I grunted as I turned to walk away.

"Until we meet again Lurosh." And with that he was gone.

Unfortunately, I couldn't ponder much on what he had shown me this day. I have an operation to run. Maybe another day...

Umbrio
Pack Mate

Items

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I walked to Ghyrn's garrison a week after the visit from my father. The images in my head were still a jumble since I had no reference to when the memories happened. I was hoping that the time I had spent in contemplation would make things more clear but all it had done was raise more questions. Questions like where had my father been all of this time? What had happened to my mother? Why did he not come to me sooner when he knew me to be alive (somewhat).

I had to find out more about what Ghyrn knew first. Even being irritable and notoriously ill-mannered, she was above all things, honest. I found her just outside of her garrisons walls poking at a campfire while she sat alone on a couple of logs. It seems even her followers knew to give her a wide berth when she was in a mood.

"I don't have time for you today, Umbrio," she said flatly without even turning to me.

"I need some information from you warrior."

"Need? Or want?" She still poked at the fire.

"Can't it be both?"

She sighed and rubbed her temple with her free hand. "Ask quickly and begone. To many things are troubling me tonight and I don't want one of them to be a Death Knight scaring some of the pets in my menagerie and having to listen to their whining all night."

"What do you know of the orc that came to see me last week?"

"Not much. Mostly rumors really. Calls himself Deathfury, which is clearly a made up name. Came asking about you claiming that you were a cousin or some sort before you.." She looked back at me finally and into my eyes. "Changed. He also matches the description I heard of a long time ago as well. Some fairly well known shaman that was really good at killing Alliance. Heard he was some sort of General because he was so good at it. Did a lot of his killing with a big axe. Thought I seen what looked like one of those in his pack when he came to talk to me, but I could have been mistaken. Strange that he disappeared from Azeroth for so long though only to turn up now..here."

"Strange indeed."

"He told me if you came asking to give you this." She reaches into her backpack and pulls out a piece of paper. She unfolds it and hands it to me.

"It's a map."

Ghyrn shrugs and goes back to tending her fire.

"Thank you for this," I said as I put away the map. "I will leave you to your sulking then."

"About time," she mumbled.

As I walked back to my war camp I knew that the answers I seeked were close. The real question though, was did I really want to hear the answers.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bad Moon Rising Forum Index -> Our Future History All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: