Bad Moon Rising :: View topic - Welcome Healers!

FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Register Log in  

Welcome Healers!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Keryn
Pack Alpha
Site Admin

Items

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 3:41 pm    Post subject: Welcome Healers! Reply with quote

What is this? ANOTHER forum?

Yes, another one.

Who's it for?

This forum is for everyone who heals, at any level, whether they are acting as main healer for the raid or a backup healer in a level 20 5-man instance.

What this forum is not:

BMR does not and WILL not require anyone to spec a certain way. This forum is not for putting pressure on non-standard or non-"ideal" specs to respec.

Equally, this forum is not for debating the superiority of one type of healer over all others. All healers are valued and valuable, regardless of class or spec.

What this forum is:

This forum is intended to be a constructive place, a place where solutions can be sought. It is intended to help BMR's healers to be the best healers they can be, to play their chosen class and spec in the most fun and efficient way possible.

There's a lot of healer-specific information, including tactics and mods, that ought to be written down for all the healers current and future to read. Healing tactics can be discussed and a consensus reached before the group even steps foot in an instance. Gear and stats, the interaction of the various healer types, advice 0n specs, healer-related mods, upcoming changes and what they mean to the healing classes, whatever floats your healerly boats. Go nuts.
Kray Davenport
Pack Mate

Items

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, it's Kray the rogue posting in the Healer's forum!

Why?

Because my first ever 60 character was Mordis Grimquartz, a Dwarven Priest on the Feathermoon server. I spent most of my time with this character, slaying Onyxia...adventuring to Ragnaros (but never defeating him)...and braving the terrors of Blackwing Lair.

When I decided the Feathermoon server was becoming less of what I wanted in my gameplay, I came to Thorium Brotherhood and decided to start a rogue - the bachelor thief who now stands before you.

So what the hell, Kray? Make a point or get the hell outta our forum!

Well, I moved Mordis to TB when transfers went live. I had to change his name to Mordir, 'cause some bastadge must've cheesed the name already. But in the downtime, they changed the Priest class significantly. I played Mordir for a day and was completely lost with no idea where to put my talents or how to play him.

He still sits in an Ironforge pub drowning his sorrows...alone.

I'd like to participate in this forum in the hopes that I will once again learn to use my Dwarven ball of life. Thanks for letting me lurk!

Waverley
Friend of Bad Moon Rising

Items

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, this forum is a great idea - because I'm a complete noob when it comes to the technical intricaties of the game, gear and addons. I still haven't figured out how to properly configure my CTraid to prevent overheals Crying or Very sad

I hope we get some good input from current healers and former healers.

Thank you for setting this up, Keryn. Maybe each class should have one so we healers don't get big heads Smile
Keryn
Pack Alpha
Site Admin

Items

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, my idea was more to have each role have a forum, unless a class was so unusual that it really needed its own forum. Seems to me the needs of a resto druid would be entirely different from those of a feral one, for example!

But other forums are certainly possible *grin*
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bad Moon Rising Forum Index -> Healers' Hall All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: