Bad Moon Rising :: View topic - New Priest Specs

FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Register Log in  

New Priest Specs

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sethira
Pack Mate

Items

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 8:31 am    Post subject: New Priest Specs Reply with quote

I went digging for all the old priest specs and found that Blizz has removed all the level 60 talent calculators. This means all your spec links are dead Sad

So, I thought it would be nice to take a look at what folks are doing now. I know few of us are at 70, but a list of what we are aiming for, and what we have found works for us might be nice to have.

Brecken has always been Disc/Holy. Pre-BC (and now until I hit 61) I was 26/25/0. I never found much use for the 31 point talents either side and i have avoided shadow since the beginning. My focus has been a large spirit build with the divine spirit and spiritual guidance talents at the core of my mana regen and +healing. I hope to continue that trend in TBC. So here is what I plan:

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/classes/priest/talents.html?505230313050012000000234051002300150500000000000000000000000000

Now I've been trying to read up on what priests are up against in the new world, and I find that a major complaint is the ability to conserve mana and still throw out enough healing to survive some of these later level instances. Now I always take the official boards with a grain of salt since many of these complaints may come from priets in PUGs or untalented (they're out there) folks.

I hope that a high spirit build will be viable since it often requires a few seconds outside the 5 second rule to be effective in long fights. I hope the mana reduction from the disciplunie tree and the increase to +healing from talents (as well as gear) gives me enough bang for the buck. Anyone who can weigh in on this theory please do! It worked in Azeroth, so I think it will work in Outlands too.

Post your specs too and a little commentary on how you use them. An outside perspective is always useful to examine what we're doing ourselves.

Zurasha
Pack Mate

Items

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=dqGhdhotbkEofotZx

I tried it and it should work.

I am heavily disc with 5 points in shadow for spirit tap (will be thrown back into holy when I hit 70). I think spirit tap is essential for almost any build while leveling. I have 12 points in holy to get some of the basics. The disc allows me to have a very nice sized mana pool. I stack spirit and intellect in my healing gear and stamina and intellect in my soloing gear. It's been difficult to give up +damage and + stam in my healing gear but the way I do it is basically have two complete sets of everything. The only thing I don't swap out are my rings and my boots. Because I've taken the plunge for my healie gear, I find it much easier to heal but I'm very vulnerable. It's easier to take this plunge when you trust your tanks/teammates. I've found that my problems in instances now are not mana related (between shadow fiend and plenty of regen gear and I have over 10K fully buffed and potted, mid 9K unbuffed, unpotted), but rather just physically limited by reaction time. I just cant keep everyone up sometimes with the large amounts of aoe damage or damage that the party takes when the tank loses aggro (due in part to adjusting to not grabbing it again).
Waverley
Friend of Bad Moon Rising

Items

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My spec at 70 ( includes one or two small boo-boos I made, but not enough to respec unless I become really unhappy) disc 41 / holy 20:

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/classes/priest/talents.html?505232013302512010501235011032300000000000000000000000000000000

I don't have two complete sets of gear yet, but I do swap out what I have based on soloing/questing versus the major +healing stuff for 5-mans.

Lots of +healing gear and +intellect available in Outland - not much good I've found yet for +spirit. That's always been more of a challenge.
Zurasha
Pack Mate

Items

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is what I intend for level 70:

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/classes/priest/talents.html?505230213000512010551235051001300000000000000000000000000000000
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bad Moon Rising Forum Index -> Healers' Hall All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: