Bad Moon Rising :: View topic - Catching up on everyone's IC and OOC backgrounds

FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Register Log in  

Catching up on everyone's IC and OOC backgrounds
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zurasha
Pack Mate

Items

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*looks around and wants to play*

Liz here, sometimes known as Zurasha. How I came up with the name Zurasha? Modification to random name generator. My first WoW characters, alliance side, I made up or modified.

I know Iím not around much these days but Iíve made so many wonderful friends in the Tribe I thought Iíd throw in my info too. I am currently 26 years old and live in northern Virginia or NoVa to the locals, about 20 miles from Washington DC. My dad worked for the government so we moved around a lot. To this day Iíve not lived in under any one roof for more than 3 years in a row. Needless to say there were some wonderful experiences but I have my issues like everyone else. Growing up it was Japan, England, Panama, Swaziland (small country in southern Africa), and Korea. We moved back to the states after my sophomore year in high school. I finished high school here in Virginia and went off to college at the University of Illinois. I started off in political science but switched very quickly to a Humanities (American Civilization) major. Basically I integrated American history with culture, and literature and I also selected architecture and politics to bring into the mix. Iíve always loved reading and writing/thinking about literature and so I added an English major. At that point I had enough credits in poly sci to get a minor so I ended up with two majors and a minor. My last semester in college was hellish, working on my senior thesis for humanities, upper level English classes, and working 40-70 hours a week as an assistant manager at a hotel. I lost that job and had to move home with my parents where I worked a few jobs before working at my current job, in contracts at an environmental engineering firm. Thankfully since then Iíve been able to support myself and move out into my current living situation which is with my college roommate in an apartment with my golden retriever, pet rat(s), her ferrets and degus.

I realize now looking at what I describe and define myself as that I haveníd included a lot of personal details. Perhaps Iím still searching for myself. I thought I wanted to be a lawyer but after I graduated I went through a huge depression and lost most of the ambition I had to do that. Now Iím not entirely sure what I want to be doing but so long as I keep supporting myself (something Iím very proud of considering most of the friends I went to high school and college with are still living at home and their parents are paying for everything), and taking things one day at a time life will improve. I still battle depression but one thing it has taught me is how precious life is and people who make you happy and that you make them happy (awkward sentence I know). I am dating a guy who I knew in high school, he actually dated my friend and we were reintroduced a little over a year and a half ago and have been dating since, monogamously but he has trouble communicating with me so weíve had trouble getting close. I am trying to take things one day at a time and straighten out my head and my priorities and take care of myself which I donít normally do since I have a rather low opinion of myself.

The maturity, friendship, and fun Iíve experienced with BMR has given me a tremendous sense of community and belonging, something that has felt like its been missing for a while in my life. Know that I respect and appreciate each and every one of you and some of you have stolen special places in my heart.
Fayein
Unknown

Items

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awe...

/snugglehug Zura
Pack Mate

Items

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

<---- loves Zura. 'Nuff said.

Poknok
Friend of Bad Moon Rising

Items

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 10:57 am    Post subject: RL Lite Reply with quote

I'm actually a recent law school graduate who has even more recently moved to Oakland, California. So far so good out here. Still going to have to take the bar exam in July, which will be a pain, but everybody knows they'll have to take the bar when we sign up for law school.

Plus, you know, I get to consort with unholy powers and manipulate cryptic rules to the benefit of my unspeakable masters.

I guess if anybody is really curious you're welcome to look at my livejournal page:
lemonmerchant.livejournal.com
Waverley

Items

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pok, I think that's the best definition of a lawyer I've ever read Wink
Poknok

Items

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you can make compelling arguments that legal practice and computer programming are as close as you can currently get to old fashioned wizardry; where the results are spectacular but the process of learning to do it is laborious, and you have weird tomes lying around that make no sense to anyone outside of your cabal.

Attorneys have the advantage of having dark overlords, but computer programmers get to use luminescent glyphs. *shrug*

Actually, I have a good friend who is in the process of becoming an Episcopal minister. Which is kind of odd because we sound like the start of a joke. "So a lawyer and a minister walk into a bar..."
Rajakumadi
Council Member

Items

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 11:32 am    Post subject: Rajakumadi Reply with quote

My name's Chris, so I go by my middle name, Myles (Chris is *way* too common...) I am a computer programmer in Seattle, WA, working for a small company specializing in software for the wireless industry. I kill Space Marines in tabletop Warhammer 40k, enjoy D&D at least once a week, am lax about my fencing practice (which will change as the weather warms and we can practice in the back yard), and read voraciously, mostly fantasy and sci-fi, with some horror and other books tossed in.

I was born just outside of Tokyo, Japan, on Camp Zama Air Force base. I went to 37 pre-college schools, mostly in the U.S. I spent a year as a homeless punk in Florida, until I was arrested for squatting and (since they don't have squatting laws) charged with armed burglary (and *that* led to a very interesting month in prison...)

I'm usually listening to industrial or punk when on my computer (or listening to the game's music if playing a game - helps with immersion). I happily have a job which allows me to play with my hair (http://myles.otter.googlepages.com/ - Warning: pic is large...), while simultaneously providing me with the money to get proper supplies - much better than the glues and egg whites I used while homeless. Currently, my hair is purple, but down (since it's hard to put a hat on with Knox holding spikes up, and Seattle enjoys raining on my head so much).

I was raised religiously eclectic; I am currently of my own belief, with closest ties to Zen Buddhism, heavily flavoured by common strands of Christianity. I am a personal anarchist with heavy feelings of responsibility towards those around me. I don't dance; I mosh.

I am the eldest sibling of three. I am married to Khydann and Merell. I am happy.

ICly:
Rajakumadi is from a very poor family - so poor it couldn't afford a father, and both older brothers left for better hunting grounds soon after Raja was born. His dam is abrasive, and none of her children return to her very often. Raja is named in part for his dam's wishes that he be a ruler among trolls.

Rajakumadi has mental problems - he enjoys fire too much. The fire called to him, and he found a way to summon it, with the added advantage that a mage's apprenticeship took him from his dam. His mentor helped Raja tame the fire, as well as teaching patience through alchemy.

Raja's learned to love the natural world; hardly ever does he feel the urge to set fire to wooded plains. He has learned to hate the Venture Co. for their rape of the land.

Rajakumadi hears the wolf-spirit poorly, but it gets stronger as he learns more of the world and the pack. Raja thinks he's humble, but he doesn't really understand what 'humble' is...

Last edited by Rajakumadi on Mon May 21, 2007 4:01 pm; edited 2 times in total
Anaugrim
Unknown

Items

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm... Lets see.

To be quite honest, I would have to say that Tiuh/Muur would be able to describe me better than I would! I have known him for almost five years now, and I consider him one of the closest friends I have.

My real name is Curtis Smith, and I have been living in Calgary, Alberta Canada for the last 9 years. I was originally born in the interior of British Columbia. Calgary is the third town I've lived in (I lived on Vancouver Island for roughly 8 years). Since I have lived in Calgary, I have moved a total of 10 times (a little more than once a year). I hate moving and like Kyuso, have developed the 'one room' system.

I have been in the work force since I was roughly 12 years old (delivering papers, does that count?) I have had some interesting jobs, and some real boring ones. I've worked in warehouses and grocery stores, bookstores and car dealerships. I have worked as far north as Tuktoyaktuk (which is on the arctic ocean). Currently I am working for a company called Champion Drilling. I work in the oil patch on an oil rig drilling for... You guessed it! Oil. (here is a photo - Ren, I know I promised photos of the North, but this is as close as I can get for now - http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c87/Divine_fridge/Picture159.jpg - http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c87/Divine_fridge/Picture160.jpg and http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c87/Divine_fridge/Picture155.jpg)

My job is very hard work. I work a minimum of 12 hour days, regardless of how hot or cold it is outside (40 Degrees Celcius to -45 Celcius). I am away from my friends and family for a minimum of two weeks at a time, which can be pretty tough at times. It is also a very dangerous job. I have had quite a few 'close calls' that could have been either very serious or fatal.

I am a big fan of... well.. Everything. I love baseball... HUGE baseball fan, actually (Go Jays!). I love watching Hockey and Football, and enjoy playing every sport this planet has to offer. I like being outside. I love the sun and the fresh air.

My musical taste varies between what I'm feeling. I enjoy listening to punk, mostly (especially irish punk!) Dropkick Murphy, Flogging Molly, Real Mackenzies... I also enjoy Pennywise, Refused, Strung Out to name a few. Classic Rock, Hard Rock, Classical, Chinese Classical, Opera, Hip Hop... you name it, I most likly listen to it (except country music...which I stronly dislike).

Anyway, lets summarize this quick... I am a quick-witted smart ass (hard to pick up online, but as Muur/Tiuh will tell you, it is very apparent in person). I am a very laid back individual, and I am very open toward everyone that I meet. I do not pick my friends based on how they look or their likes or dislikes, it is purely based on personality.

I play alot of video games. FPS and RPG mostly. I also play table top RPG when I can.

I love driving. LOVE driving.

I love to eat and eat.

I do not get much sleep. In fact, I average about 5 hours a night. I hate sleeping past 10AM as well.

I am not very artistic and I do not fancy myself a very good writer, but one of my favourite hobbies is what has been dubbed as mental masturbation. I love talking philosophy more than anything. I am VERY self analytical. In fact, I think it is so bad it is unhealthy. I am a huge fan of fairness, and I hate being a hypocrite.

Here are a few photos -
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c87/Divine_fridge/Wedding019.jpg
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c87/Divine_fridge/huh.jpg
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c87/Divine_fridge/huh1.jpg

RP wise:

Anaugrim Scartotem- He's a loner and didn't fit into BMR from an RP standpoint (which is why he left).

Tiehonna Runetotem- My new main character... Young druid who is very hot-headed. doesn't necessarily grasp the teachings of the druid, but is more in touch with the feral side of druidism than almost any other druid.
Anaugrim
Unknown

Items

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is a photo of Muur and myself (as well as others). It is at Muur's younger brother's wedding. Muur is on the far left, I'm the idiot in the blue.

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c87/Divine_fridge/Wedding021.jpg
Anaugrim
Unknown

Items

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c87/Divine_fridge/Picture120.jpg
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c87/Divine_fridge/tuktoyaktuk_ice_highway.jpg
Kyrax
Pack Mate

Items

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay Grim, this is for you.

http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s70/enragedsg/World%20of%20Warcraft/Other/thisisavren_.jpg

xD

EDIT: Post 100! Weeee!

Last edited by Kyrax on Mon May 21, 2007 8:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Kyuso Siya'me
Unknown

Items

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anaugrim wrote:
Here is a photo of Muur and myself (as well as others). It is at Muur's younger brother's wedding. Muur is on the far left, I'm the idiot in the blue.

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c87/Divine_fridge/Wedding021.jpg

You know... that is one picture that he did NOT show me from the wedding Wink

He sent me all the respectable ones.
Kyuso Siya'me
Unknown

Items

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've also got an update to my life right now! I've been at my job for a little over three and a half years now. I've tried (in the past) for a couple promotions with little success. Well, about a month ago, the head and the assistant of our QA department approached me about a job opening that they had that I had not applied for. Long story short I hadn't applied because the last time I had gone for a similar position I was turned down because of my credit history (ex husband + medical bills + student loans = bad bad situation) so I told them that of course I didn't apply because nothing had changed for me!

Well! It turns out that they checked in to it and found out that after three years, they don't really look at the credit anymore. So they more or less said "Hi, we want to give you this job..." which was a major upgrade for me - more hours, more money... and BENEFITS like a respectable person.

It was also a lot of the validation I needed to stay at a place that I love a lot and really believe in what we do there (we treat pediatric cancer patients, sickle cell, pediatric AIDS, etc. all without any charge to families, EVER!!! and are the only children's research hospital to do so).

So on Monday I started my new position as a QA Associate. This is why I'm on less and am a bit more tired when I am on. They're throwing a lot of information at me in a short time span and it's frying my brains just a bit. I had a 3 hour meeting on monday, a 2 hour meeting on Tuesday... in addition to having to learn all new processes.

However, it has put crimps in some of my plans, most notably my plan to go up to Canada Sad But we are working on what to do in that aspect too! The timeline for things just got rearranged a bit!

But I'm superhappy and it's been a great thing to happen for me. Even if I do have to go from a jeans-and-tshirt world view to a "This is not my casual business attire" look!
Sorra
Unknown

Items

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suppose I'll go next. *smile*

I real name is Heidi. I live in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. I've lived here for five years. Before that I spent 3 years in Kansas City, Missiouri. I grew up in a small town in Nebraska.

I have an associate's degree in Computer Programming. Currently I work for the state, doing programming work for their Teacher's Retirement Fund.

I am 28 years old, divorced with a beautiful four year old daughter whom I see almost every weekend. She is my greatest accomplishment.

I'm a book worm at heart, though I haven't been reading as much as I use to. Since I started RPing in WoW I've done more writing for my characters than anything else.

RP info:

Sorra was born to a wealthy family who had tenuous ties to the royal bloodline. She has a twin brother named Lucein. They were thick as thieves for many years, always caring for one another.

While Lucein trained as a knight, Sorra discovered the power of the arcane. She studied it voraciously for years, always seeking to know more and to gain more power.

Once Quel'thalas was invaded and Silvermoon destroyed, Sorra only knew a sense of loss. Her parents were both killed. Her brother, angry at their fate, followed Keal'thas to Outland. Sorra remained behind, trying to salvage what was left of their family home, but it was no use.

Sorra had been using the technique that Keal'thas discovered to tap mana t o survive the loss of the Sunwell. She'd become so addicted, she'd burned the skin on her breastbone because she'd begun tapping directly into her body in that manner. She now has a ragged sunburst scar on her chest as a reminder that one can take something too far.

After a few years of living by her wits, Sorra learned of the Moonwells the Night Elves have. Wondering just how much power the waters might have she devised a plan to get close enough to the waters of a well to test it. Creating a glamor for herself, Sorra became a Kaeldorei. She went to Darnassus, posing as an elf seeking to train in the temple of Elune.

After a year of studying the waters in secret the only discovery she made was that the waters, when ingested, blocked her ability to call upon the arcane. Unable to keep her glamor going any longer, Sorra fled Darnassus. She discovered around that time that her people were aligning with the Horde. She knew it was time to return, regardless of the failure of her experiments.

Sorra had been drifting for a time, but after meeting and falling in love with the Witch Doctor, Verletah, Sorra knew she needed, more than ever, to find a stable environment. This is when she finally approached Bad Moon Rising.

((Horribly long winded, I know. The OOC version of her story is. Sorra was my bank alt for my guild, Emerald Mosaic. For some reason I chose the name Sorra for my blood elf rogue. I'd already given the bank alt that name, even though in game her name was "Mosaicbank". A friend remembered the name, mentioning it to me. I realized they were the same, so I came up with the back story of why Sorra was a night elf. Most likely horribly lore breaking, I've had nothing but fun with Sorra's Storyline. I hope to have much more fun with BMR as Sorra continues to find trouble. *smile* ))

Items

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In real life, my name is John and I'm a Clinical Psychology graduate student in New Mexico. I've finished my masters (which involved brain imaging and neurochemistry of vascular dementia), and I have about 2 years left in my Ph.D. program. Until recently, my work has mostly been in neurological chemistry and brain imaging, but I've slowly changed toward working with children and families. As a therapist, I mostly work with young kids 6-17 yrs, and I also do psychological and neuropsychological testing with kids in that age bracket. My current research involves the nature of intelligence - whether or not IQ can be boosted through training, and what functional processes are involved in intelligent behavior. I play WoW completely for escapist reasons, which is why I don't often talk about myself a lot in chat. A long time ago, I used to play D&D and Rolemaster with a group that was much more involved in storylines and RP, and WoW RP brings back fond memories of those days.

As for El'theron, my half-belf mage... he has a rather convoluted history involving a time-traveling highborne elf mother (Mithraeil), a long-dead human father (Daenaan), a Tauren godmother (Dela Runetotem), and a brother who lives on Alliance side who is also a mage (El'daen). Eltheron is somewhat taller and of a larger frame than most male blood elves, and he spent only a small portion of his youth with his mother. He spent ten years with a Tauren shamaness and learned of their ways, then drifted away from her to rejoin blood elf society and enroll in the college of mages in Silvermoon. Given his history with the Tauren, he has come to strongly dislike many of the things that his people have done and what they have become. He has never met his twin brother, as Mithraeil left El'daen as a baby to be raised by night elf friends in Ashenvale. Despite all that has happened to Eltheron, though, he remains chipper and sprightly, and has a deep passion for ancient lore, fine cuisine, expensive haberdashery, and the painful smackdown of Alliance who delve too deeply into Horde territory.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bad Moon Rising Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8

Jump to: