Bad Moon Rising :: View topic - Potions and Bear Tanks

FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Register Log in  

Potions and Bear Tanks

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Carthis
Pack Mate

Items

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 8:50 pm    Post subject: Potions and Bear Tanks Reply with quote

I found this post on the official Druid forums and thought I would post it here for our own Druids. Basically, this is a macro that shifts the Druid out of bear form, uses a Potion and a Healthstone, and switches back into bear form in less than a second. This is useful if the healer is OOM or if your just grinding by yourself and need a quick-fix.

Quote:
Q u o t e:
I've been testing this all night. Seems to work fine, and generally pops me out of bear, takes a pot and a healthstone, and pops me back within a third of a second or so. I tested against dual weilding (fast attack) mobs in netherstorm--I'd get hit in caster about half the time. Versus slower hitting talbuks, I could pretty much never get hit. It's fast enough that my (slow) video card never draws my caster model, and I can jump, pot, switch back to bear before I hit the ground.

There is a risk here, but I think it's acceptable when you're almost about to be killed anyway. If you can time it between blows / during a cast, all the better. FOr elemental bosses, it's pretty safe to use a protection potion.

Code:

#show Lesser Healing Potion
/castSequence [stance:1] reset=3 Dire Bear Form, Lifebloom
/stopcasting
/use Lesser Healing Potion
/stopcasting
/use Master Healthstone
/stopcasting
/cast [nostance] Dire Bear Form

Obviously, replace Lesser healing Potion with whatever you use. You can (and I suggest you do) repeatedly mash the macro. It'll not throw you back into caster no matter how many times you hit it.

Change reset=3 to reset=120 to make sure you can only use it when your potions / healthstones are cooled down.

Let me know what you think--I intend to test this in kara (don't tell my healers). If it's as (relatively) safe as it seems, this may change bear tanking somewhat.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bad Moon Rising Forum Index -> The Citadel All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: