Bad Moon Rising :: View topic - Memory Returned

FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Register Log in  

Memory Returned

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bad Moon Rising Forum Index -> Our Future History
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Merell
Council Member
Site Admin

Items

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 6:31 pm    Post subject: Memory Returned Reply with quote

The jungle was alive with the latest rain storm, water so thick it seemed to fall up into the sky rather than down. The ground sunk beneath the troll’s feet. Three small troll girls supporting each other scraped on knees and elbows terror rolling off them competing with the rain. Priests of Hakkar were hunting them.

One troll wore her hair on top of her head like a tuft of bright red sprouting like a mushroom from her head. The other girl split into two and you knew suddenly they were twins. Bright red hair spiked from their head in three rows across the top to fall down in braids around their shoulders and chest. The family resemblance between them was uncanny.

The one that was not a twin leaned down “Evrin ju be takin’ ur sistah i’nte de jungle an hide! I be given dem anoder chase.”

Evrin’s eyes widened and she clutched her sister’s arms “Lizra!” she hissed “Ju canna leave us here.” Evrin pleaded.

Thunder rolled down almost on top of them sending them all to their knees as lightning flashes strikingly into the night.

Lizra shook Evrin a moment till they’re eyes bore into each other one in pleading, one unwilling to hide. Turning away from Lizra, Evrin gathered her other sister into arms and gasped suddenly. She was too hot.

“Lizra.” Evrin hissed “She be te hot, de wound be goin’ bad.”

“Ju be de healin’ one, no I.” With that Lizra disappeared into the night.

Evrin gnashed her teeth in frustration, trying desperately to keep from screaming in frustration. Hakkar she seethed to herself. Afraid that even the name in her mind might bring him down on her and her twin she gripped her sister close and started further into the jungle.

Roots, rain mud and fog soon combined to make Evrin essentially lost. Her twin beside her moaned softly. She be te hot Evrin worried to herself.

“Shhhh Takki, I help soon we be hid.” Evrin was putting it off. Something raised the hair on the back of her neck whenever she approached the magic of the Loa to bring healing to pass. Evrin was small for her age, appearing no more than 5 or 6 when in fact she was older. Some said it was the Loa keeping her young so she could learn and heal longer by living longer.

Evrin shook the rain and the thoughts from her face as she found a tree which looked likely to have hollows higher up to hide them. The rain still washed down everything and hauling her less than helpful and hurt sister Evrin left fresh blood on the tree from her hands and feet.

The rain soon washed it away as the troll girls disappeared into the canopy of the jungle giant.

Evrin propped her sister into a nook of the tree, miraculously dry by the trees wide and overlapping leaves. Evrin scrambled down the trunk once more and left a mark in the trunk that looked a lot like some wild thing had sharpened their tusks, or scrapped the bark for the sweet inner lining. What very few knew was how to recognize the mark; Lizra would as would. Taught to them by their parents since nothing had ever been safe and a place to hide had to be marked so family would know where you lay.

Evrin moved back up the tree more swiftly without her sister’s weight and returned to their hollow. Checking her sister’s pulse and her eyes reaction in the lighting flickers something was terribly wrong. The wound was going bad and Evrin’s nose could smell it just beginning to fester in her sister’s body.

There was no help for it she would have to call on the Loa. Finding a secure place Evrin called down the power with small ease and fed it gently into her sister. Her sisters skin brightened grew healthy looking for just a moment before her skin began to melt from her face.

“Takki!” Evrin sobbed in shock. Her scream sounded like that of the hunting cats making their kill sharp savage.

Evrin tried again to call the Loa and reverse the damage, stop the damage but every time something at the last moment twisted the magic of the Loa. While trying to save her sisters life she had taken it instead. Soon there was nothing in front of Evrin but a lifeless shell of her sisters body, sobbing and rocking back and forth Evrin stared, cursed herself, cursed the Loa and wondered what interfered with their will. Hakkar. She stopped rocking. The more the priests feed their damned god the worse the reaction of the Loa got. Were the Loa corrupt, was Hakkar doing it??!?

Evrin looked down on her sisters ruined face shaking her head. She never heard the swift approach of foot or her other sister's face as it appeared over the lip of a branch.

“Evrin?” the voice was soft.

Evrin turned her head towards the voice, eyes empty, devoid of life the sadness so thick crushed any spark of life from them.

"Lizra... Loa… Hakkar, I be seein Hakkar dead.. I tol’ ju dat de spells all wrong now?” Evrin’s body shook violently grief and rage battling for a place in her mind and heart.

“I be healin her den de last momen’ de change!” She finished the last word with a shreak, her grief though was drowned out by another rolling arrival of thunder in the skys above.

Lizra gripped her sister's wrist “I no bein jur fault!” she hissed the last. Lizra grabbed her and lead her down the tree. Evrin, numb followed for a moment. She suddenly took her hand out of Lizra's grip and began shaking her head violently. Evrin kissed her sister's forhead, and shook her head in denial of what she was about to do, in apology, in fear. She jumped from the tree landing in a roll and kept running into the night with the storm raging overhead. She took no heed to where she was going, but further away.

No where was far enough to run from the memories in her mind. Evrin was in the midst of doing what she could to protect herself from the grief and rage too hot in her heart and mind. A corner of her mind grew and Evrin flew to it, shutting every opening, hiding in the cave. Dark, numb, safe; unable to reach her memories, unable to see her dead sister.

``````````````````````````

Evrin awoke in the Den surrounded by her pack of the Bad Moon Rising hair raising on her body, her breath panting and the voice of her scream echoing against the walls. I am not an orphan was her first coherent thought. Suddenly she doubled up as an invisible fist of earth had punched her gut and cried out “Takki!” sobbing in grief made new of memories lost.

Yig
Council Member

Items

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was a cold outside the Den in Splintertree post, winter was coming it could be felt in the damp forest air.
Yig sat quietly on the stump of a long since hewn tree around her was an alarming array of weapons daggers, swords a spear and sinister looking rifle. All where varying states of maintenance, nearby a large white Windserpent lay coiled the serpents feathery wings covering it shielding it from the nights chill.
Yig continued rhythmically honing the blade of a dagger periodically looking up to survey the Post or to take an off pull off her flask.

The silence of the night was suddenly broken by cry from within the Den.
“Takki!”

Yig perked her head up and cocked her ear towards the Den, inside could be heard the sounds of someone crying. She set down the sharpening stone and hopped off the stump moving toward the Den.

“Byakhee watch mas stuff, I be right backs ‘kays.” She said as she entered the Den. Upon entering the cave her ears sought out the sobbing leading her to a small female Troll, she sat doubled over on her bedroll crying.

Yig crouched down and placed a hand her shoulder, “Yas be ‘kays?” she questioned.

Seeing that she was plainly not alright Yig cast her eyes about seeing if someone else better suited to comfort people in distress had awaken too, but those who had awoken where already asleep again.

She leaned down a little more and suddenly noticed this girls skin and hair colour were startlingly close to her own. “Hey der, what’s yer trouble der.” She paused, her mouth hung open briefly before continuing, “Umm I be sorra yer kinda new ‘ere I don’t be knowin yer name yet.”

Yig resolving herself that this wasn’t going to be fixed quickly she sat down beside the sobbing figure. “Hey der whys yas cryin? Come tell Yig what be workin yas inta such a state.” She then blurted out, “Oh! I be Yig by da way, who yas be?”
Council Member
Site Admin

Items

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yig the name echoed in her mind. Startled she looked up noticing for the first time another troll sat before her. Who yas be?, good question.

Evrin tried gulping for air to speak past the raw grieaf in her heart. Holding up a hand one digit extended she panted trying to slow her breathing she tried to gain control of herself enough to answer part of the question.

"Is be Evrin..I... I be.. been.. oprhan... Orgrimar." She forced through her mouth. Her heart was beating fast, her breath quick she had to slow down else she might pass out in front of this member of her new Pack. She did not want to embarass herself further before them.

She was on the verge of thinking herself silly and imagining the memory and hurt behind the dream as nothing more than a dream. She then caught full sight of the troll sitting in front of her. Startled, she reached out her hand to touch Yig's forhead, her own skin tone almost disappearing was it so alike. She blinked stupidly at Yig.

Understanding dawned on her like a massive oak had just fell on her head. "YIG!" she all but shouted. Her Father at one time talked about his sister and her child, girl troll nammed Yig who had fled. Evrin shook her head in confusion.

"I be sorry but jur name be de name mah Dah gave his sister's child.... I toght I was jus an orphan from Orgrimar...but I had a dream, or be night terror, I jus memborin mah sisters Lizra and Takki. I....I killed her... " She choked for breath saying aloud brought her grief overwhelming again "i dinna mean te! De Loa lied te me!" she collapsed again in sobs wracking her body silently as she shook.

[/quote]

((If your character would repond to this happening in the Den, please feel free to write and contribute to this story thread. Yig and I are laying ground work for Evrin's character history, but I would not turn down participants should you be moved.))
Yig
Council Member

Items

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yig simply stared at the girl cocking her head from side to side in vaguely raptor like fashion. She nodded politely as Evrin introduced herself she is she was an orphan, the name seemed familiar for some reason. Yig unconscious rapped a finger nail against her tusk as she thought about the name.
Her thought broken though as Evrin’s finger reached out and grazing her forehead.

“YIG!” she exclaimed.

Yig raised an eyebrow questioningly, she listened to the shaken girl tell her that a relative had daughter named Yig as well. But her eyes near bulged out of head as Evrin told Yig of her sister’s Lizra and Takki and the death of the Takki. Yig sat dumb founded as the girls cry started anew.

As Evrin sobbed Yig rolled the sudden turn of events over in her head, the facts to plain to ignore. This girl had a sister named Lizra and a cousin named Yig, Yig had a cousin named Lizra. Yig pulled the flask off her hip taking a long drink before reaching out and waving the alcohol under Evrin’s nose.

“Have some o dis, it be Halaain Whiskey punchy stuff, but gud fer calmin da nerves.” Yig said shaking the flask a little.

“Yas know I gots… well had, mas a cousin named Lizra tas.” Yig looked at Evrin from the corner of her eye before asking, “Are yas Evrin Zigana? cause if yas be yas gots some explainin tas da.”
Council Member
Site Admin

Items

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Evrin looked to the flask and took a long pull letting the spirits warm her and distract her from what she just learned.. or really what was just remembered.

Zigana....

Evrins eyes snapped to Yigs face and held the other troll's eyes with a combination of anger, grief and bewilderment. Blinking back tears and leveling her breath she took another pull from the spirits and sat up a little straighter and pulled some of the anger back, it was not this trolls fault but her own.

"Is hopin' ju got more od dis." Evrin remarked dryly to the other troll... Yig... her cousin. She handed the flask back to Yig and tried to order the thoughts in her head.

"Zigana... Ja dat name beh mahn, but I not beh in de head till ju says it. I no rem'ber not'ing ob dis tail till dis night wen ju found mah screamen meh fool head off."

Evrin ran a hand through her spiked red hair, the exact shade of Yigs and began to chuckle lowly.

"Deh Light havin' a funny, not ha ha twist to it at times. Nah.. I do na call on de Loa, tings be goin' all wrong if I do. Dat is how mah sister died.... "

Evrin began to tell the tale, all of it remembered in her dream, the storm, Lizra, Hakkar, her healing going wrong with her poor sister, how she ran from it, and for a long time blocked the memory till tonight. How she grew up in Orgrimar thinking she an orphan.

Evrin plowed through the telling in a cold detached voice pulling from the flask a time or two. Finally she came to the end and after a very long pull she handed the almost empty flask back to Yig.

"Jah seein' I di'na know ju... none ob dis when I comin' te dis place. Just de dream.. damn wolves nah be leavin me be. I no be askin mah blessings from de Loa while deh be in Hakkar's hands. I took deh Light. D'er is dis long eared pastey in deh place I grew an he beh talkin to it.. buh someti'mes I no liking how deh treat deh Light... I tink deh got deh Light no free in der homeland. I be for find'en out.. an freein de Loa teh."

Evrin looks down and lets out a long breath before taking another.

"I gots teh talk to dah Boss lady.. or deh Den Moder... I din'a know I beh comin' here wit dis stain o kin-blood on mah hands. Nah matter deh Hakkar te be blammen fer dis, bu't deh got a right teh know."

Evrin pulls the blanket over her sholders and prepares to stand.

Yig
Council Member

Items

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yig sat quietly awaiting the answer to the question, the name Zigana seemed to stir the other trolls thoughts. Yig watched her take a pull off the flask to which after she asked, "Is hopin' ju got more o dis."

“I gots more don’t yas be worrin’ bout dat.” Yig replied,”Dat some fine Halaani Whiskey yas be drinkin’ der tas.” She added.

Yig listened quietly as Evrin admitted to being a Zigana and her flight from Hakkar’s influence and of how she came to be on Kalimdor.
After finishing Evrin her tale she said, "I gots teh talk to dah Boss lady.. or deh Den Moder... I din'a know I beh comin' here wit dis stain o kin-blood on mah hands. Nah matter deh Hakkar te be blammen fer dis, bu't deh got a right teh know."She then began to make motions to get up.

Yig reach across the space between lay her hand on Evrin’s shoulder, “Where yas goin’? No ones goin’ tas be wake right now. Ear sit down as dire as dis might seem dis not be nuttin dat can’t wait till morning.” She said as she slides herself across the floor to sit beside her new found cousin.

Hesitantly she put arm around her cousin’s shoulders before saying, “I tells yas what how dis sound, yas go back tas sleep I be ere right beside yas. An in da mornin I cook yas a gud meal we’s talk tas Den motha, den I take yas ta see yer Aunt an Uncle sound gud?”

And as soon as she finish speaking she let a long low hiss, before she was even finished the call a large white White Serpent glided lazily into the den and set down at Yig’s side. “Evrin dis be Byakhee, Byakhee dis be Evrin.” She introduced her cousin to the Windserpent before rattling the empty flask to at the reptile, “Byakhee git more.” She commanded and with that the serpent uncoiled itself and slithered off down the den.

She turned back to her cousin looking her up and down and smiled,”Yas sure take afta da Bloodscalp side o da family dats fer sure.” She said as she stared at Evrins hair.

"So what's it going tas be? yas want tas git up? yas want ta sit drink and chat? yas wanna try git some sleep an we start dealin wit dis in da mornin? Yer choice." Yig stated as she glanced down the tunnel searching for a alcohol bearing snake. "Mas i'm goin tas have anotha drink."
Council Member
Site Admin

Items

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Evrin blinked a couple times at Yigs offer to protect her should she sleep and see her Aunt and Uncle. Aunt and Uncle her mind incredulously screamed.

Nodding to the drink brought by the white serpent Evrin sat and looked at the ceiling of the Den for a moment.

"Is havin mor o dis blood-kin?" she asked carefully once her brain had slowed. "Dis have be'n a hell ob a night no?"

She passed the drink back to Yig and sat in silent contemplation. The quiet of the Tribe around her sleeping was a comfort where before it had been a little raw on her nerves. The silence they sat in was neither strained or uncomfortable. The drink made it's rounds and the combination of her grief, astonishment and drink had done much to deaden the sharp memories. Forgetting her usual physical boundries she soon curled up, her head on Yig's leg sound asleep.
Merell
Council Member
Site Admin

Items

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Time passes as time is wont to do regardless of your joys or sorrows.

One day some weeks later Evrin had made her way to the great city to find Abindania. Through the streets of eldest citizens of the world Evrin made her way to the Worlds End Tavern. After relating her tale to both Abindania and Dakana Evrin now had another quest to pursue, locating the place where Hakaar's evil twisted her magics and let her twin die.

Once she has located this place she must entreat the Spirit of her dead twin and through her demands make amends for the injustice given her.

Though Evrin's path takes her to the gritty sand lashed Tanaris, Evrin has not forgotten her task. Some day soon in the presence of her cousin will Evrin locate the place of her sister's death and plead with her Spirit there.

Council Member
Site Admin

Items

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

((Now that Abi has returned... perhaps we should revisit this story thread. Heheh))
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bad Moon Rising Forum Index -> Our Future History All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: