Bad Moon Rising :: View topic - A New Loot System Approaches

FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Register Log in  

A New Loot System Approaches
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bad Moon Rising Forum Index -> The Great Hunt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Eldran
Raid Partner

Items

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If your curious on who gets loot you can look here as to who gets what. This site tracks alot .

Acquiring of 25 man loot and date.

When a person respecs

When they change guilds.

http://www.wowprogress.com/

System looks nice saphiel look forward to seeing it in action.

Keryn
Pack Alpha
Site Admin

Items

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saphiel wrote:
Anyone who anticipates running a pickup and using this system should think about downloading RollTracker or a similar mod.

Oooo, they fixed that? *toddles off to download*
Merell
Council Member
Site Admin

Items

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To clarify Saph - since I am taking Evrin (who is my alt-toon) I would roll:

If you want the item for main spec, you roll between 51 and 75. /roll 51 75 - on things I NEED as Upgrade

and use 25-50 as my 'greed' for main spec?

OR

Do I use - for my NEED roll between 76 and 100. /roll 76 100

and for 'greed' main spec /roll 51-75?

*sees monkey wrench - tosses it in*
Friend of Bad Moon Rising

Items

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Technically the rule is that if you come in a needed capacity, you have full rights to loot. If you come because you want to come as an alt, then you're limited to rolling on offspec only. You're a bit of an in between case here, Merell, so just use your judgment. You're not restricted in any way, but it's appreciated if you allow mains some degree of priority.

Last edited by Saphiel on Wed Apr 01, 2009 5:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Roshanar
Raid Partner

Items

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While I was content with the old system, I can totally see where this catches some of the holes that were in it. Sounds quite fair to me, and thanks to those who spent their time and creative energy developing it!
Jutaka
Pack Mate

Items

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So did you guys try this on Wednesday's Naxx run? How'd it work out?

Tiuh
Friend of Bad Moon Rising

Items

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought it was fantastic, personally. Seemed to streamline the process nicely, and it really did deal with the holes.
Tamris
Pack Mate

Items

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it worked pretty well, though I think I'm going to have to print out a cheat sheet of the rolls. Even though Saph gave out the roll info before distributing the loot it had generally scrolled way off my screen due to people picking up badges or just general chit chat.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
Tripe
Unknown

Items

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One way to make things smoother is to make a set of macros for the different roll types.

For example:

- A macro "RP" with
Code:
/roll 1 25

- A macro "off spec" with
Code:
/roll 26 50

- A macro "main spec" with
Code:
/roll 51 75

- A macro "need" with
Code:
/roll 76 100

- A macro "veteran" with
Code:
/roll 101 125

Just place your buttons an some open button bar slots, and your set! No rush to type in, no typos, just click the appropriate level.

- Tripe
Redwater
Council Member
Site Admin

Items

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

While multiple macros are an idea, I have something that might be better...

Introducing:

Bad Moon Rolling

Just a small add-on that should help out with this. This addon consists of a small dialog that you bring to being with the /bmr command. Upon it you will find a button for each and every one of your rolling needs.

The Veteren button is disabled in accordance with Loot Rules. It will enable itself when you enter a raid which you qualify for (the only one being Naxxramus where a veteran has 150 Emblems of Valor).

To make it easier to use, you may wish to create a macro to display/hide the dialog which can be placed into a clickable button on your screen.

Give it a shot! It can be downloaded here.

RedWater Fallinghoof
- Dancing on the keyboard with hooves occasionally brings out something interesting...

Known Issues:
- There is no distinction between Naxx-10 and Nax-25 right now. It always checks for Emblems of Valor when entering Naxx. I believe the intent was not to use Veteren status in 10 man raids, so this functionality will be implemented soon.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Leuchtende
Council Member

Items

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holy crap man... that's freakin' awesome!!!
nicely done...
Jutaka
Pack Mate

Items

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ha! I like the name the best. Hehe.

Avarea
Pack Mate

Items

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like many others have said, thank you to everyone who put in a lot of time and effort in hammering out this new system. I know that working on the details isn't always easy.

I think this new system is great. As a new raider (who doesn't have time to go frequently), I know that I've won a couple of items that would have been "final pieces" for others. Unfortunately, these rolls happened on early bosses and, not knowing what would drop in the future, it seemed like a need roll was appropriate. It's often hard for all of us to know who in the raid is missing just one or two pieces, so I'm very glad that we have a way to account for that now. It's much easier than having a quick in-game chat to determine if something should be passed, etc. I'm more than happy to give final upgrades to those who clearly deserve them more, so I'm excited that this will be easier to accomplish.

Have we decided to use this in 10-man as well? I've seen comments pointing to "yes" and "no," so I wanted to clarify.

Thanks again to everyone who developed this, and to those who will have to keep track =)
Kun
Raid Partner

Items

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Regarding the new loot system, how will things like Fragments of Val'anyr be handled? Are these need rolls, like normal items? Or do healers just roll off on them until everyone's got one that run, then cycle back through? Or some other method?[/url]
Keryn
Pack Alpha
Site Admin

Items

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those fragments are a special case... we're working on that one :)

The fragments are hard to get. It appears they will require a great deal of effort on the part of the entire raid, not just one person. Therefor they will need to be considered the "property" of GROWL, not any one person despite being soulbound. This is entirely unlike personal loot, where we can safely say that we will see that particular piece again and it doesn't matter if it leaves the raid or someone gets tired of their character. If someone with 25 fragments leaves the alliance or quits the game, we've set the raid back by a considerable amount of time and effort.

Picking up even one fragment is a long-term commitment to raiding in general and GROWL raiding in particular. Everyone who COULD use the end item should consider carefully before picking up that first fragment.

This isn't meant as a slight to people who can't come often or who are new. It's simply that even CREATING this item requires a more-than-casual commitment to raiding and it requires commitment on the part of the whole group, not just one person.

That begin said, we've also come to consensus that:

It's better to have one complete relic than lots of in-progress ones.

Since it takes 30-40 (reports vary) fragments to build the quest item and they only drop on Hard mode fights (although reports vary) then it is best for the raid if they go to people who raid frequently, raid AS a healer, and aren't feeling burned out on healing or raiding (see previous point.)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bad Moon Rising Forum Index -> The Great Hunt All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: