Bad Moon Rising :: View topic - An'she's oldest son (spoilerish)

FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Register Log in  

An'she's oldest son (spoilerish)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bad Moon Rising Forum Index -> Our Future History
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vutak
Pack Mate

Items

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 12:05 am    Post subject: An'she's oldest son (spoilerish) Reply with quote

Wake up

"Grmmmphh..."

Wake up, Qaletaqa.

"Hrmmffgggrr...." Rustling.

The earth is breaking, Qaletaqa. It's time.

Finally, ancient eyes slowly opened from behind the trunk's gnarled bark, then closed again as a gaping maw opened to let out a huge yawn. "The sleeper... has..." He bent a branch town to scratch the left side of his trunk. "... Yes yes, I am awakened." As he slowly opened his eyes, an aftershock rattled the ground, loosening the soil beneath him... his roots gave way and he tumbled off the ledge where he had been sleeping and plummeted towards the ground, fifteen feet straight down. He flailed his limbs and in a shimmering light transformed into a stormcrow just in time to land chest first with his beak unceremoniously buried in the sand, next to the bonfire's ashes not twenty paces from the Den's entrance.

He flapped there for a moment kicking up dust, then stopped, pulled his beak out of the soil and shimmered once more as he retook his Tauren form. "A rude awakening, at that..." he muttered, just as another tremor knocked him off-balance and down to one knee. "What in blazes?!"

A new day awaits, young one. Powerful forces stir and if you wish to face them you have much to learn.

"Spirits preserve me," Qaletaqa groaned as he got back to his feet. "'Young'?! I am already nearly ninety. You once called me to be Plainsrunner to the Bloodhoofs for a generation, then once more to be Preserver to four tribes before this one. I'm old now, Earthmother... what more could you possibly want me to learn?"

Learn to shine!

He squinted as the sun broke through the trees. He brought up his hand to shield his eyes. He stepped forward to try to get back into the shade, only to find that at just the same moment, the branches gave way allowing the sunbeam to pour down on him again.

"Oh," he murmured. "Oh, you have GOT to be kidding me."

Last edited by Vutak on Fri Nov 19, 2010 11:20 pm; edited 2 times in total
Keryn
Pack Alpha
Site Admin

Items

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

((The sleeper has awakened! Just let him get some coffee first...

Welcome back, Vu :)
Vutak
Pack Mate

Items

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Qaletaqa loped across the great plains of Mulgore. It had been months since he had been and warm, soft grass under his paws was a great comfort. He stopped at the edge of Stonebull Lake and shimmered back to his true form for a moment, dove into the water and exploded into bubbles. They cleared to reveal his sea lion form. He streaked across the lake floor, then lept out of the water and landed on the beach as a cheetah once more, then tore across the grass. The fresh air and communion with his homeland was reinvigorating.

He paused to drink at a well, ignoring the Venture Company thugs who whispered and pointed at him. Just then, another earthquake shook the ground and he lost his footing and fell sprawling into the water.

"These earthquakes are conspiring to rob me of my dignity, it seems." he grumbled as he lapped at his wet fur.

==============----------------

He stepped inside the elder's tent, though the air buzzed with activity and no one seemed to notice him until Tahu noticed his arrival.

"Qal!" Tahu beamed. "You scoundrel! Would it kill you to write a letter every so often?"

"I've spent years trying to distance my reputation from yours, why would I go and throw all that away!" Qaletaqa roared as he embraced his old friend.

Tahu smiled for a moment, then pulled away and became more serious. "It was good of you to come. I think that you will appreciate what I have found."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bad Moon Rising Forum Index -> Our Future History All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: